Tuesday, October 31, 2023

church in SARDIS

 

The LORD's command to the church in Sardis:

Revelation 3:1-4

King James Version

3 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; 

These things saith he 

that hath the seven Spirits of God, 

and the seven stars; 

I know thy works, 

that thou hast a name that thou livest, 

and art dead.

2 Be watchful, 

and strengthen the things which remain, 

that are ready to die: 

for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

3 Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, 

and hold fast, and repent. 

If therefore thou shalt not watch, 

I will come on thee as a thief, 

and thou shalt not know 

what hour I will come upon thee.

4 Thou hast a few names even in Sardis 

which have not defiled their garments; 

and they shall walk with me in white: 

for they are worthy.


To him that overcometh:

Revelation 3:5-6

King James Version

5 He that overcometh, 

the same shall be clothed in white raiment; 

and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, 

but I will confess his name before my Father, 

and before his angels.

6 He that hath an ear, 

let him hear what the Spirit saith 

unto the churches.


The next post is on the church in Philadelphia.


Related material:

SPIRIT and the 7 churches


PAUL in TURKEY

  GOD tells Ananias about Paul : Acts 9:13-16 King James Version 15 But the Lord said unto him,  Go thy way:  for he is a chosen vessel unt...